An account of my experiences of 9 months with the French.
I will spend 2 months in Paris followed by 7 in Guadeloupe and try to keep this updated along the way!

jeudi 26 novembre 2009

Special offers to Guadeloupe

Wow I am getting good at posting!

Just thought I'd put a post up to say I've updated the travel info section for coming to Guadeloupe - there are some deals on at the moment with Corse Air and Air Caraibes - both have a deal that means if you fly out to Guadeloupe on or before the 13th December and return on or before the 16th December it can cost from 419 euros.

Corse Air also has one for 10th Jan to 18th March (latest return 25th March) for 529 euros return. All this is from Paris.

Regarding my news, I woke up feeling loads better today and set out to get my money off my boss. He gave me 100 euros which I was pleased with. I was contracted to get 150 euros per month but I couldn't be bothered to argue with him. Especially considering out of the 24 working days in the month I worked 13 of them!

Then I set off on a mission to stock up on my favourite hair product before Guadeloupe and got a free ring because I bought so many of them.

This evening Georgia, Sarah and myself went to Chartier for a meal. It was a pretty cool restaurant; it was a massive airy room, very busy (people were queueing to get in) and pretty cool decor. The food was standard french (meat and potato) but very good non the less! Our waiters were very friendly and the service was extremely quick, our starters arrived moments after we ordered! Apparently it used to be a soup kitchen style thing but has since become a cheap but good quality restaurant. 3 courses and a bottle of wine between the 3 of us came to just under 60 euros, so at less than 20 euros a head I think it was a right bargain! Then we went dancing at Cafe Oz nearby. Georgia got hit on by a particularly smooth guy whose chat up lines included gems such as "I think you are a thai masseuse named Jessica", "What do you think I am, an artist, a philosopher or a sex God?....I am all three but I am a professor of love" and finally, upon hearing the DJ start to play a salsa song "Do you like salsa? I can feel the salsa dancer in you just waiting to come out"... and he proceeded to try and drag Georgia to the dance floor!

But it was a great night, apart from the dodgy men who seemed to appear all to frequently!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire